It’s almost summer and fitness Mum Taylor has got a quick and effective ab workout for you! Her secret? Incorporate the Slendertone ab toning belt so that you can maximise each ab exercise and really target those deep core muscles.
“I’m trying to find new and fast ways to get a good workout at home”
Any busy parent will understand the struggle to fit in a workout while looking after the kids. As Taylor says, it can be hard to get to the gym and that’s where Slendertone comes in. “My kid’s are getting older I’m trying to find new and fast ways to get a good workout at home if I can’t make it to the gym and recently found @slendertone and it puts a spice to my home workouts for sure.”
Taylor loves her Slendertone because it means she can play with the kids, get work done and strengthen her core muscles at the same time! Talk about a win-win 💪 Check out Taylor’s ab blasting core workout over on her Instagram!
Plank – 3 sets x 30 seconds
The plank works to strengthen the back, shoulders, and abdominals, specifically the rectus abdominis (six pack abs), and transverse abdominis.
- Begin in the plank position, face down with your forearms facing forward and toes on the floor. Place your elbows directly under your shoulders. Keep your head relaxed and look at the floor.
- Engage your abdominal muscles, drawing your navel toward your spine. Keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to toes without bending. Your heels should be over the balls of your feet.
- Ensure your shoulders are down, not creeping up toward your ears and breath in deeply for 5 seconds and out for 5 seconds.
Hold this position for 30 seconds and release to floor. Over time you can build up your time as your core gets stronger!
Bicycle – 3 sets x 30 seconds
As a bodyweight exercise, the crunch can be done anywhere and is a very effective exercise to isolate the abs and work on your six pack! The bicycle crunch specifically works your core abs and obliques.
- Lie down on your back. Bend your knees and plant your feet on the floor, hip-width apart. Place your arms behind your head, pointing your elbows outward.
- For the starting position, engage your abs when lifting your knees to 90 degrees and raise your upper body.
- Exhale and rotate your trunk, moving your right elbow and left knee toward each other. Simultaneously straighten your right leg. Rotate from your core instead of your neck or hips.
- Pause, inhale and return to starting position.
- Move your left elbow to your right knee and extend your left leg. Pause. This completes 1 rep.
Complete this exercise slowly to control the movements for 30 seconds. Complete 3 sets.
“Slendertone puts a spice to my home workouts!”
Lying Toe Touch – 3 sets x 30 seconds
To target your lower abs and core muscles, the lying toe touch is super effective!
- Lie on your back on the floor, raising your arms and legs to a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your abs to lift both your shoulders and pelvis off the ground. Touch your fingers to your toes.
- Keeping your core engaged the entire time, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position to complete one rep.
Repeat for 30 seconds. Complete 3 sets.
Make the most of Taylor’s ab workout by adding Slendertone to tone up in time for summer!
If you'd like to have a look at our range of products, you can have a look here!